Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Eventful Trip Over...

So we get checked in at the Atlanta airport, we're ready to go and we start checking into gate E14. Maddie and I soon discover they have rejected our requests to sit together. So what would be more appropriate than for me to walk down the aisle searching for my vacant seat, just to realize that it is right in between two fat, smelly, Russian men who were staring at me with creepy eyes and exchanging mutual laughter as I went to grab my seat. Great. Not only did I have to endure 8 hours of actual flight time with the overly friendly Russians but we ended up sitting on the runway for two hours prior to take-off. As we begin to take-off the captains conveniently realize we have a fuel leak. Ambulances surround the plane. We get taken back to the terminal...after another hour and a half of waiting around we finally get in the air and make it to PARIS!!! Since the arrival, Maddie, Caroline Coarsey, Phillip and I have gone to a french cafe, walked in the Paris rain and checked into our hotel with a great balcony that overlooks the city. We're about to leave to take a walk to the Eiffel Tower. Legit. 

1 comment: